« Return to Appointments jobs
||£23k - 25k per year
Job Title: Transport Planner
Location: Skelmersdale, Lancashire
Salary: £23000 to £25000
Hours: Monday To Friday 8am To 5.30pm
You will have the following skills, experiences and attributes…
- Previous experience working in a Planning position within Transport / Logistics
- CPC would be preferable
- Working knowledge of driver hours regulations
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
- Experience of managing conflicting priorities in a fast moving environment
- Ability to take a creative approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and react quickly to customer requirements
Your duties will include…
• To cost effectively plan and dispatch routes to achieve contractual delivery times, conducting remedial planning to effectively manage live changes to the plan.
- To ensure all administrative traffic duties are carried out as necessary and to a high level of accuracy and professionalism.
- To ensure that defected vehicles are recorded on traffic sheets
- To ensure that the procedure for damaged deliveries is followed where necessary
- To achieve weekly and monthly KPI’s as set by the business and Customer Service Level Agreements, escalating any issues impacting on these
- Ensures that appropriate communication methods are used to provide information to both internal and external customers as required e.g. debrief of drivers, dealing with customer issues etc.
- To ensure that all traffic planning activity is undertaken in line with legislative requirements e.g. RTR etc.
- To identify and highlight to management any potential improvement opportunities
- To undertake any other reasonable task as required.
- To always display the highest standards of customer service.
My client is a well-established Logistics company with an opportunity to join their expanding team.
HEADS Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.heads-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
||Steven Jakara (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Posted on website:
Job application form:
Please complete the below form as accurately as possible and a member of our team will contact you regarding your query.