« Return to Appointments jobs
||£35k per year
Shift Production Manager
Circa £35,000 dependent on experience
Monday to Friday 6-2/2-10/10-6
Ashton under Lyne
You will have the following skills, experiences and attributes…
- Experience of working within an FMCG environment such as Food, Beverage or Pharmaceutical business
- Experience of modern manufacturing techniques such as 5S, Six Sigma, SMED and TPM would be ideal
- PC literate (Excel/Outlook/CMMS)
- Production output driven using OEE and experience of an MES
- Have the business acumen to understand financial and manufacturing KPI’s
- Ability to take control and exercise leadership
- Behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement those of the organisation
- Communicate and network effectively and have the ability to persuade and influence others
- Adapts and responds well to change and manages pressures effectively
- Thinks broadly and strategically and able to support and drive organisational change
You will be responsible for the day to day running of the manufacturing area, managing circa 100 operatives per shift. Your duties will include…
- Responsible for safe, efficient delivery of the manufacturing plan.
- To constantly look for ways and means of reducing waste in all areas e,g materials/manpower/duplicity of effort
- To ensure that the Production team are adequately manned and trained and developed to achieve their maximum effectiveness
- To develop and improve communication across shifts and across departments To work closely with Safety and Quality team to improve practises and procedures to a hygiene level that complies with all Good manufacturing practises
- To ensure that shift rota’s and manning plans meet the sales demand, balancing workload across individuals and teams
- To manage the department costs within budget
- Work closely with Engineering team to eradicate areas of downtime to achieve OEE
- To develop and operate KPI/Management system that is shared and effective across the business
Our client is established in the food industry and has an excellent reputation and client base. They have been rapidly growing over recent years and have continued growth plans for the future. They are currently looking to add an experienced Shift Production Manager to their team. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a vibrant company with a strong desire to grow over the coming years.
HEADS Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.heads-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
||Steven Jakara (steven.jakara.017E29AE0.firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Posted on website:
Job application form:
Please complete the below form as accurately as possible and a member of our team will contact you regarding your query.