Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Oldham, Greater Manchester
Salary: Extremely competitive salary and corporate benefits package
Hours: 37 Hour Working Week Monday To Friday, early finish on a Friday
You will be an experienced Quality Engineer with an appreciation for both QC and QA. You must enjoy a data driven approach to problem solving. You will also have the following skills, experiences and attributes…
- Minimum 3 years process engineering experience, knowledge of moulding processes, metal processing and loom manufacture. Must also understand interactions with s/w controls.
- Must be able to measure and confidently challenge process controls.
- Experience in a complex Manufacturing Environment. Must have formal qualifications in a relevant Engineering disciplines, minimum HNC or substantial technical experience in process / quality management.
- Strong people management skills, strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task. Must have a high level of self-motivation, be dynamic and get in/out of the detail.
- Must be able to cope with pressure and be capable when debating results. Must be responsive to a fast moving & changing environment. Able to make a decision and not dither.
- Excellent time management and able to work alone.
- Able to make oral and written presentations. Be able to confidently present opinions and thoughts in a clear, unbiased manner.
- To have good interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships at all levels. Must be capable to win peoples support.
- PC literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Minitab (SD).
- Must have a good knowledge of SPC/Process capability and reliability measures/Pivot tables.
- Must know of the basic quality improvement principles. To have excellent problem solving and analysis skills and know the techniques in detail.
- Must understand the supplier/process/customer requirements and interactions and control as necessary.
- Support innovation, promote process Improvement and understanding of the Kaizen activity.
- Review all Manufacturing processes with the objective of error proofing processes to assure quality.
- Assist the Quality Manager in managing continuous improvement activities.
- Coordinate problem solving activities and be able to use accurate data to drive improvement initiatives.
- Reduced OOB failures at retail customers’ assembly plants.
- Improved line efficiency.
- Provide audit trail for process changes.
- Review all processes in place with an objective of improving safety quality delivery cost and growth.
- Liaison with Engineering, Technical Services teams and suppliers to create a clear understanding of quality requirements (planning).
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Ensure project objectives (quality objectives) are achieved.
Our client is a global engineering manufacturing company. They are the leader in their field and recognised globally for their products, service, technical ability, engineering, design, innovation, R&D and manufacturing systems. With clients across the aerospace, electronics, hydrocarbon processing, petrochemical, chemical, power generation, automated merchandising & transportation markets they have a wide influence spectrum & reach. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive & forward thinking organisation that can provide projects that will excite, challenge & push you to drive both the role & yourself to the next level. In return for this they can offer exciting career opportunities & development within a professional environment.
HEADS Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.heads-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.