|Salary:||Excellent Corporate Package|
Job Title: Production Team Leader
Location: Oldham, Greater Manchester
Salary: Excellent Corporate Package
Hours: 37 Hours Per Week Monday To Thursday
Production Team Leader
You will be an experienced Production Team Leader, Cell Leader or Production Supervisor looking for the next step in your career within a global, forward thinking and world class manufacturing organisation. You will have the following skills, experiences and attributes.
• Minimum of 1 years supervisory experience
• Excellent team builder and people motivator
• Experience of working in an assembly environment would be beneficial but is not essential
• Experience of manufacturing electro-mechanical devices would be beneficial but is not essential
• Experience of working in a manufacturing engineering environment would be beneficial
• Must be a positive character with a desire to progress
• Experience of working within a global manufacturing / world class manufacturing environment would be highly beneficial
• Self-starter, positive attitude, resilience, focused, good time management skills.
• Excellent computer skills, including a good knowledge of Microsoft office suite software (e.g. Word, Excel, MS project, etc.).
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing would be beneficial
Production Team Leader
You will report in to the Value Stream Supervisor and be responsible for the overall day to day supervision of manufacturing operations in the Value Stream to ensure that customer demand is satisfied whilst ensuring the highest possible standards are maintained. Your main responsibilities will include.
• Schedule and monitor activities of the team to meet hour by hour production plans/priorities (including deployment of labour and material) and ensure standard work is being undertaken.
• Carrying out all duties with consideration for health & safety and good housekeeping, meeting 5S audit standards for the Value Stream.
• Conduct 5S audits, risk assessments and safety audits in accordance with required schedules.
• Running shift start-up Team huddles at the area’s cell performance boards, motivating individuals to meet the challenges faced in the day.
• Understanding any gaps that have occurred in the hourly and daily performance, work with the Value Stream Team to investigate and understand any quality issues that have occurred in the hourly and daily performance and work with the Value Stream to establish modes of failure, root-causes and establish and implement corrective actions.
• Record machine down-time on the maintenance database and liaise with the maintenance department to ensure expeditious resolution of issues. Redeploy production personnel accordingly.
• Instigate and participate in improvement activities including Kaizen events as and where necessary.
• Update the cell performance boards and support the VS Leader in his / her presentation to the site’s senior management during the daily board walk .
• Resolve employee grievances where necessary/appropriate.
• Input data and print out reports as necessary from relevant computer systems, e.g. in support of capacity, schedule planning and cell performance boards.
• Carry out and ensure production activities of the team are to the required standards of quality & efficiency, including set up and operation of machines, assembly, recording
Our client is a global manufacturing and engineering company. They are the leader in their field and recognised globally for their products, service, technical ability, engineering, design, innovation, R&D and manufacturing systems. With clients across the aerospace, electronics, hydrocarbon processing, petrochemical, chemical, power generation, automated merchandising & transportation markets they have a wide influence spectrum & reach. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive & forward thinking organisation that can provide projects that will excite, challenge & push you to drive both the role & yourself to the next level. In return for this they can offer exciting career opportunities & development within a professional environment.
HEADS Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.heads-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
|Contact:||Jacob Travis (Jacob.Travis.116621D51.firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Posted on website:||17/01/2018|
Job application form:
Please complete the below form as accurately as possible and a member of our team will contact you regarding your query.