« Return to Appointments jobs
|Rate information/Working hours:
£ - £13.74
Job Title Mechanical Plant Engineer
Pay £13.74 per hour
Hours Typically Monday to Thursday 07:30-17:00//11:30-21:00 Friday 07:30-15:00//09:30-17:00 (Must be flexible)
Job Type Temporary 3 month
The successful candidate will have the below listed skills and attributes:
- Proficiency with maintaining motors, pumps and pipes
- Be an experienced Mechanical engineer
- Be an able Fitter/ Welder
- Experienced in soap making machinery preferable
- Some electrical knowledge would be beneficial
- Ideally would be experienced in running and maintaining coal and oil boilers
- Good leadership skills
- Good timekeeper
- Common sense
- Willingness to work in a team
Fundamentally, you will be expected to:
Maintain and repair all items of equipment in the factory and where possible work to a pro-active maintenance programme to improve efficiencies, decrease waste and costs and eliminate re-occurring problems.
Day to Day duties:
- Your daily routine is to ensure that the chemical plant operates as efficiently as possible. In order to do this, you must work to a weekly Engineering Maintenance Schedule as agreed in your weekly engineering meeting (held with the Works Manager, QC Manager, and where possible another member of the management team) to fix areas on time and within agreed budgets.
- Roles specifics include but are not restricted to:
- Maintaining steam boilers and organise periodic checks by the Boiler Inspector, this also applies to all pressure vessels.
- Arranging a preventative maintenance schedule which will incorporate an analysis of weak points in the system and implement strategies, procedures and methods to improve reliability.
- Ordering spare parts as required, and to keep a stock of vital spares, ensuring that nothing is ordered without an agreed PO (to ensure costs are controlled and within Company budget) when cost is greater than £100.
- Organising routine servicing schedules of equipment throughout the factory keeping records of such for Auditors and Inspectors.
- Fitting new parts including those required for new products or for maintenance
- Ensuring that all new parts and machine changes are closely monitored and controlled and that you have signed off the equipment as ‘fit for purpose’ before ‘handing it over’ to the Operatives
- Checking and calibrating instruments to make sure they are accurate.
- Carrying out quality inspections
- Training and writing procedures for any equipment to allow Operatives to use quickly and effectively.
- Maintain the required standards of housekeeping.
Our client is a market leader in their field and instantly recognisable name within their industry. Employing over 900 people the company has grown to a significant size but still maintains its family values and ethics. This is an excellent company to work for with an outstanding history of long service.
HEADS Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.heads-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
||Rebecca Greenwood (Rebecca.Greenwood.0174B8AC0.email@example.com)
|Posted on website:
Job application form:
Please complete the below form as accurately as possible and a member of our team will contact you regarding your query.