« Return to Appointments jobs
||£30k - 35k per year
My Client who are a leading manufacturer within their field are seeking an experienced Materials Technologist to join their team. The main purpose of this role will be to support production and new product development in a materials manufacturing environment.
- Supervise a small team of development scientist, guiding and supporting production projects ensuring that they are competently executed and delivered in a timely manner
- Co-ordinate and progress multiple long and short term projects for new materials, products and/or processes
- Manage a team of quality control technicians to ensure incoming raw materials and outgoing products are tested in accordance with company procedures, ensuring product quality and conformity
- Assist the manufacturing departments with process and material issues to improve product quality and production efficiencies
- Work alongside the Quality Assurance Manager, ensuring policies, procedures and manufacturing processes are accurate and complied with
- Working with the Sales Department to ensure technical queries are handled appropriately
- Ensuring that the Technical Department adheres to the company’s H&S policy and procedures, carrying out regular training, inspections and audits to improve safety
- Verification and validation of new raw materials, ensuring compliance with REACH regulations, carrying out relevant COSHH assessments as required
- Managing the implementation of new/alternative raw materials to facilitate cost savings
- Controlling Safety Datasheets for manufactured products in line with CLP regulations
- A degree in a Materials Science or an Engineering discipline
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical/engineering role within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working with engineering composites, including their manufacture and applications would be desirable
- Experience of working with resins, polymers and impregnation technology would be highly advantageous
- A proven track record of developing new products/materials and delivering them to market
The company is a leading manufacturer within their field whose products are recognized worldwide.
||Clare Butler (Claire.Butler.817CC8838.firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Posted on website:
Job application form:
Please complete the below form as accurately as possible and a member of our team will contact you regarding your query.