« Return to Appointments jobs
||£26k - 28k per year
Circa £26-28,000 dependent on experience
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm
You will have the following skills, experiences and attributes…
- Previous experience of working as Logistics Manager / Supervisor or similar.
- Experience working within manufacturing would be highly advantageous.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Project management skills, practically through seasonal and peak periods of logistical movements
- Technical skills of the understanding of how to gather the knowledge through processes mapping
- Ability to efficiently organize resources in line with the requirements of the customers demands
- Problem solving skills using a disciplined approach and the relevant tools
- IT and numerical skills, the ability to evaluate spreadsheets and reports generated through the businesses operating systems
- Communication skills
- Be able to develop teams and set key goals / objectives for them
- Able to define the accountability / responsibility across your department
- Experience of using WMS preferable SAP and SAGE would be ideal but not essential.
Your main roles and responsibilities will include…
- Ensure the coaching and development of Logistics Team Leaders and Logistics Staff. Ensuring there is regular assessment of their skills and appointing them appropriately.
- Ensure there is clear escalation and reporting to your direct manager with regard to any poor performance of staff and areas of responsibility.
- Maintaining the logistic movement of stocks by initiating, coordinating and enforcing procedures.
- To ensure all transport / logistics legislation is apparent in documentation and being adhered to.
- Responsibility for the reconciliation of all stocks. Including aged stocks, stock rotation, damaged stock, and the continual drive to reduce stock holding levels.
- Responsibility for the accuracy and reconciliation of outbound / inbound loads on systems
- Overseeing day-to-day team delivery of stock in a timely manner to the production line in order to meet targets. Ensuring there is clear communication with customer services / account managers with regard to any stock discrepancies / enquires.
- Manage all reports between each business system, ensuring it is in co-ordination with Account managers, Customer services, reconciliation systems, and stock accuracy.
- Support the identification of system / report improvements, follow up, and solve process related area issues as required
- Management and control of all mechanical resources such as FLT, Scanners, Printers, Pallet Trucks, and waste Bailers.
- Management and control of all waste packaging streams
- Flexibility to support your team throughout the working week, and more specifically in peak season
- To ensure all H&S guidelines are followed and risk / COSHH assessments are carried out throughout the areas of responsibility
HEADS Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.heads-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
||Steven Jakara (steven.jakara.11633D101.email@example.com)
|Posted on website:
Job application form:
Please complete the below form as accurately as possible and a member of our team will contact you regarding your query.