« Return to Appointments jobs
||£35k - 45k per year
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
£35-45,000 per annum
Monday to Friday 37.5 Hours per Week
You will have the following skills, experiences and attributes…
- 2-3 years’ experience of high speed manufacturing process.
- NEBOSH National Certificate or higher.
- Membership of professional bodies – IOSH, IEMA, IIRSM
- Good level of education e.g. HND, Degree etc
- IEMA Associate Certificate
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team oriented approach to problem solving and improvement planning.
- Able to work hands-on at all levels.
- Influential and persuasive.
You will be required to provide Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) expertise to enable the manufacturing operations to achieve and maintain maximum resistance to operational hazards and risks. Your duties will include…
- To ensure compliance with statutory regulations and Risk Management System standards, and to drive continuous improvement in environmental, health and safety and risk performance.
- Develops and implements environmental, health and safety processes to prevent or correct the risk of loss resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, people and systems or from external events.
- Utilise knowledge of industrial processes and industrial environmental health and safety laws to support Middleton site risk improvement plans.
- Ensure site operational teams understand their responsibilities for undertaking suitable and sufficient risk assessments and corresponding control measures for existing and new processes, new machinery or equipment, and assist them in implementation to agreed timescales.
- Tours the plant to audit equipment, machinery and systems to identify and correct potential hazards / risks and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and company standards. Prepare report of findings with recommendations for corrective action.
- Conducts and co-ordinates environmental, health and safety training to educate workers about policies, laws and practices. Investigates industrial accidents to minimise recurrence and co-ordinates accident investigations and assists in preparation of accident reports.
- Co-ordinates activities of EHS service providers.
- Liaise with managers, instructors or customer’s representatives to determine training needs.
- Attends local and regional EHS meetings, including management reviews.
- Takes part in benchmarking initiatives to obtain information useful to training staff and to inform management of environmental, health and safety best practice techniques.
- Ensures all environmental, health and safety related documentation is up to date and accessible and is auditable against Risk Management System.
- Prepares reports both internally and externally with all relevant stakeholders.
- Understanding and practical knowledge of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001
Our client a global manufacturer based in North Manchester is looking for a EHS Manager to join its expanding team. The company, over a hundred years old, has an excellent reputation not only in the industry but also within the local area. Working out of a modern, clean and safe manufacturing facility the company continues to grow and develop implementing dynamic, modern thinking and lean manufacturing principles. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class manufacturing organisation with opportunities for progression and development.
HEADS Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.heads-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
||Steven Jakara (steven.jakara.41740D1A4.email@example.com)
|Posted on website:
Job application form:
Please complete the below form as accurately as possible and a member of our team will contact you regarding your query.